About SPF Tool
The Safety Performance Function (SPF) Tool was built with the user in mind. The SPF Tool possesses an aesthetic and minimalist design to accommodate every user. The built-in data visualization tool allows the presentation of advanced analysis results in an easy and understandable way. SPF provides an intuitive step-by-step analysis wizard to allow for comfortable and user-friendly analysis. By having all the information at your fingertips, you can perform transportation management tasks quickly and more efficiently. The SPF Tool was designed to incorporate the most advanced state-of-the-art statistical techniques to allow for efficient transportation safety analyses. The SPF Tool is a cloud-based application and does not have the typical limitations of desktop software packages (e.g., typical software packages are closed systems with slow computing power and require a per-computer installation). The SPF Tool allows for inherent cross-platform support of devices such as laptops, PCs, tablets, and smartphones.
The SPF Tool features are as follows:
- Advanced network screening powered by Safety Performance Functions
- Deployment of advanced ranking techniques
- Support for existing SPF databases
- Support for jurisdiction-specific SPFs
- Permit flexible jurisdiction-specific SPF format entry
- Automatic evaluation of crash data fit to selected SPFs
- Customization of data format
- Automatic data verification process
- Built-in data visualization tool permits customization of data and the network screening results in the form of interactive 2D, 3D graphs, and maps
- Diagnostic process
- Search for abnormal crash patterns
- Evaluation of existing crash modification factors to fit local conditions
- Creation of your jurisdiction-specific crash modification factors (EB before and after analysis)
- Full economic analysis at project or individual site level
- Customization of reports
- Optimization of calculation time
Many more user-friendly features
The SPF Tool is an efficient user-friendly application dedicated to help you and your organization achieve “Vision Zero.”
About our team:
The SPF Tool was created by Dr. Andrew Kwasniak (PE, PTOE, ACTAR) and his team including experts in the fields of Geographic Information Systems (GIS), Advanced Statistics, and Programming.
Dr. Kwasniak is a Transportation Engineer with many years of transportation safety experience. He and his team have built numerous Safety Performance Functions in Arizona, Oklahoma, and California, as well as in Europe.
Message from Dr. Kwasniak:
"It's time to rethink the way we manage our transportation system."